Make Your Own Skincare Oils with Ingredients
1. Balancing Facial Massage: This formulation can be used on most skin types.
- 25 ml (1 fl oz) peach or apricot kernel oil
- 25 ml (1 fl oz) jojoba oil
- 5 drops wheat germ
- 1 borage oil capsule contents
- 5 drops lavender
- 3 drops rose-scented geranium
- 2 drops neroli essential oils
2. Eczema Facial Massage: Test a patch of skin first, and use cautiously initially, in case of an adverse reaction. After washing your face with a cleanser free of chemicals or detergents, apply this oil sparingly.
- 50 ml (2 fl oz) purified sweet almond or olive oil
- 5 borage or 10 evening primrose oil capsule contents
- 5 vitamin E capsule contents
5 drops organic chamomile
3. Skin-Saving Body Oil Massage: You can use this for home massage or to moisturize after bathing.
- 50 ml (2 fl oz) grape seed or coconut oil
- 50 ml (2 fl oz) passionflower oil
- 3 borage oil capsules, open contents
- 5 drops lavender
- 3 drops lime
- 2 drops ginger
4. Detox Hip and Thigh Formula: Use twice a day on hips, thighs, and ankles to improve blood flow and circulation.
100 ml (4 fl oz) grape seed or safflower oil
4 drops each of grapefruit, rosemary, pine, juniper, petitgrain, and peppermint
Be sure to mix oils in a glass bowl (avoid plastic as it can absorb odors from the essential oils).
To use the oils, pour a few drops into the palms of your hands and rub them together to warm the blend. Then apply, breathing in deeply to enjoy the aroma. Store leftovers in a glass container with a lid or stopper to help prevent spoiling and keep in a cool, dark place.
Bath Oil Blends
Use warm, not hot, water, and add 5 to 10 drops of your favorite essential oil after the bath has run. Experiment with our list below.
- Bay Leaf: Drop in some of this antiseptic and uplifting ingredient to fortify your energy.
- Cajeput: For a therapeutic bath, add this restorative ingredient, which comes from the leaves and twigs of the cajeput tree in Indonesia.
- Cardamom: Pour in some drops of this invigorating ingredient, which come from seeds native to India, for a stimulating soak.
- Chamomile: Mix in some of this calming ingredient to restore your spirit.
- Lavender: For a relaxing bath, try this most versatile of the essential oils.
- Petitgrain: Add this soothing ingredient, which is found in leaves and twigs of bitter orange trees in Southern Europe, to ensure a good night’s rest.