How to stay positive in 2019
In this ever-changing world, it’s important to know how to stay positive in order to have energy, enthusiasm, and optimism in every area of our lives to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
How we approach living and feeling about ourselves regarding health issues, relationships, career, family, and finances reflects back into our lives as a life experience.
That is why it’s so important to be conscious of where we focus our attention and identify areas in our life that are negative.
Doing a little self-assessment will enable you to evaluate where you are right now and where you would like to go in 2019.
How to stay positive to Overcome Fear
Do you want to live in fear or fulfillment? To create a life that is balanced you need a solid foundation built on positive thinking, optimism, and a healthy lifestyle.
To create a life that is built on fear-based thinking is to live a life of limitations, worry, anxiety, and disease.
You attract into your life what you consistently think, feel, and act upon.
You can view the upcoming year in two ways, with fear or with anticipation. Overcoming fears can be challenging.
But once you identify what they are, the fear becomes less frightening and the time you spent on worry and fear can then be transferred to improving the quality of your life.
While you’re at it, let go of worrying as well. Worry slows you down and uses up your energy and truly serves no purpose. It’s a useless emotion that keeps you stuck in fear.
It really doesn’t matter what your definition of fear is. Don’t let it define who you are. When you face your fears head on, it will give you more confidence, and make you stronger so you can live a much more fulfilling life.
Here are three ways to handle fear.
- Talk about it. When you hold fear inside, it gets bigger than it actually is and you begin to think that you are the only one in the world who thinks such things. But you’re not. Talking about your fears will relieve the buildup of emotion, and gives you the opportunity to release and let go to get some positive honest feedback.
- Get up and get going. Physical activity gets the blood pumping in the body and boosts the immune system and stimulates the mind. You can walk your worries away.
- Set short-term goals. You build self-esteem and confidence when you accomplish a goal and that will help remove fear. Make your first goal a simple one. For example, walking around the block for a week saying your affirmations.
Use Mental Tricks To Help You remove Fears
This brings me to another great way to handle your fears — use affirmations.
Below are some important points to remember when saying your affirmations.
- Say the affirmation in the present tense, as you want your subconscious mind to feel that it is already happening
- Use sentences that are short and to the point.
- Be very specific about what you desire.
- Use “I” or “My” when saying your statement.
- Say the affirmation with feeling, conviction, and emotion.
- Believe in what you’re saying and anticipate success.
- Repeat them often so they become a belief in your subconscious mind.
Affirmations are most effective in the morning when you first wake up, and at night just before you drift off to sleep.
Using affirmations is an effective way to transform any negative beliefs into positive ones.
Below are a few examples of affirmations for a healthy weight. Please use them or alter them so they fit your mindset. Exercise your brain how to stay positive along the journey.
Saying them on a regular basis will improve your health and well-being.
- Today I love my body fully, deeply, and joyfully.
- I deserve a trim, beautiful, fit, sexy, healthy body.
- Today I naturally eat less.
- As I love myself, I allow others to love me too.
- I practice managing my reaction to foods.
- I love the way I feel when I take good care of myself.
- Letting go of weight is effortless for me.
- Each day I move closer to my ideal weight.
5 Healthier Ways To Bring In The New Year
You’re going to start your New Year’s Resolutions at midnight, right? How about getting an early start to 2019’s resolutions on the 31st instead?
Here are five great ways how to stay positive and to make your New Year’s celebration one of health and happiness instead of headaches and hangovers.
• Start the day with outdoor holiday activity. Skating, skiing, and walking are great ways to kick your new fitness goals into gear.
• Host a “New Year’s Resolution Potluck.” Have friends and family bring over their favorite healthy dishes, or prepare some new healthy dishes everyone wants to try.
It’s important to have a balanced meal before any celebrating. This will support healthy blood sugar levels and will keep you from snacking quite so much before the night is through.
• Serve lighter versions of festive drinks. Drink spritzers with soda water instead of straight wine. Provide mixes such as 100% cranberry, orange, and pineapple juice instead of soda.
Offer hydrating alternatives like coconut water, squashed water (berries and lime slices muddles in sparkling water), or herbal seasonal teas. And have lots of plain ol’ water available.
If you must drink alcoholic beverages, remember to “double fist”: wine in one hand, water in the other.
• Plan active party activities. Dancing, Twister, even a lively game of charades will keep everyone active (and away from grazing at the buffet).
• Before bed on any festive evening, enjoy a big glass of water with a multi-vitamin and mineral. Take extra vitamin C to provide antioxidants that help prevent hangovers.
By following some of these holiday tips, your new year will start with a positive attitude and a symptom-free day!
Let the excitement begin!