Busy Entrepreneurs: 6 Tips to Reduce Stress & Boost Fat Loss
Many entrepreneurs are busy running their businesses. They don’t spend the time they need searching for tips to Reduce Stress and Boost Fat Loss. With stress, obesity, and diseases such as diabetes and heart disease on the rise, many companies have realized the importance of having a healthy workforce.
Sixty-six percent of the adults in the United States are overweight or obese, which is contributing to significant health risks, lost productivity and increasing health care costs.
Overweight employees cost employers 30% more on average than healthy weight employees.
1. Plan your day. As a busy entrepreneur, your time is limited so it is very helpful to plan ahead the night before.
Decide what you’ll eat and when you will make time for some physical activity, and schedule it all in just like you would any other important appointment.
When you have a plan for the day you won’t find yourself starving, trying to figure out what to eat and reaching for those high-fat/calorie foods that you’re trying to avoid.
2. Reduce stress. When you’re stressed out, your body produces stress hormones and goes into ‘fight or flight’ mode.
In this state, your body doesn’t release fat, and instead, stores everything to fat, to prepare for an emergency.
There are several ways you can reduce stress such as having some downtime, meditating, exercise and reducing caffeine.
Meditation can help you reduce your stress levels so your body is not storing everything to fat.
3. Create an environment of wellness in the workplace. Taking care of your health and wellness, and helping your employees do the same will provide a more productive work environment.
It’s been shown that companies that help their employees to create healthy lifestyle changes see payoffs in terms of a more loyal workforce, productivity, less sick days, reduced health-care costs and improved morale. Consider implementing a workplace wellness program.
4. Make the best choices possible. You can still make good choices when you can’t choose the restaurant for a lunch meeting.
Avoid the breadbasket, ask for a salad or fresh veggies instead of fries, choose broiled rather than fried etc.
Keep an eye on the sauces as well. When you fill up on healthy foods, you’re less likely to overindulge in the high-fat options.
5. Change your thoughts. Your thoughts determine your actions, which will determine your results. Staying positive and thinking the thoughts that are in alignment with your goal is so important.
Earl Nightingale said it best when he said, “you become what you think about!” As a busy entrepreneur, you may tell yourself that you don’t have the time to take care of yourself.
If you tell yourself this then that will be your reality. So choose to have thoughts that will support your goal.
6. Interval training. This is extremely effective for fat loss and improving your cardiovascular fitness. Here’s more good news it only takes 15 minutes to do, along with 5 minutes for a warm up and 5 minutes for a warm down.
There’s no need to go to a gym for an hour or so, as this method is quick and it burns more calories faster. Generally, you’ll have a period of high intensity (no longer than 30 seconds) and a period of lower intensity (this is considered a rest period). Ideally, the rest period should be as long as the high-intensity interval.
However, when you’re first starting out, your rest intervals can be longer (typically 60 seconds).
These are six practical ways for the busy entrepreneur or executive to get into shape without spending a lot of time. Remember you need to take some time for yourself but these tips will allow you to keep that time to a minimum with maximum results!